Monday, June 11, 2012

Mission: Budget Organizing

I, like most of you, are on a budget.  I cannot spend too much money but there are so many things that I want out there.  So I try to find creative and thrifty ways to make my house a little more organized and pretty.


This was my goal when I set to making my craft area neater.  You see, my sewing area is in the family room, exposed to my family and my guests.  In my last home, my sewing area was in my bedroom hidden away where no one would see.  It truly was a mess.  I am bound and determined to keep this sewing area organized and pretty.


This is my before photo. 


I'm not afraid to say it...it's a HOT MESS!!!


So herein lies the problem.  How do I organize without spending a lot of money?  And the answer is Mod Podge. This is my second project with it and I think I might be in danger of a Mod Podge addiction.  Watch for me on a future episode of Intervention.


I took those boxes that you see and covered them with fabric using my faithful friend Mod Podge.  Again, not rocket science but definitely messy.  And sadly, I ran out of Mod Podge but I was able to cover 5 boxes so here you go.












I'm really happy with the look of the boxes.  I can throw all my sewing crap in them and have my projects hidden in plain sight!!!


Now I have to run to the craft store to get more Mod Podge!!!



6 comments:

  1. That looks great! I love the cheap solution of covering what you had vs. buying new boxes! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Love not having to spend money on something and transforming it into something pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kendra...really happy with the way they turned out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing at Pin It and Win It!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect! Crossing my fingers you'll share at my party! Saturdays at Seven! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete