Saturday, July 7, 2012

Rainbow Starburst Wall Hanging

I jumped down the blog rabbit hole last week and ended up at Lily's Quilts Blog.  I loved her modern style quilts and loved that she had a lot of small projects....you know that I'm smitten with fast, sweet and complete projects.  I came across Lily's blog post for a paper pieced block that she calls ET Phone Home.   I immediately saw the block as a beautiful rainbow starburst.  My girl bug is nearly 6 and loves anything rainbow so I printed out the template and got busy.  




Half way done.




Paper piecing done.

 First border done.  Debated about adding a rainbow border.


Added a rainbow border and so happy that I did.  Love the way it looks.

Now it's ready to quilt up. Check back for the final reveal.


No comments:

Post a Comment